Saturday, June 14, 2014

Horizontal Stabilizer Part 2 and Elevators - John 6 hours, Jim 3 hours

Started getting the Inspar Ribs and Nose Ribs prepped for assembly.  Trimmed the 4 Inspar Ribs by removing the flange (2 with just flange cuts and 2 more with cutting of the small flange also).  Bent the Inspar Rib to match the angle for the fuselage and built the HS Cradles.

We were able to assemble most of it, but the HS-1013 Spar Cap Replacements haven't arrived so I clecoed the old ones in for spacing and match drilled the ribs to the front and rear spar, then disassembled everything for deburring and priming.  Also cut the holes to route the trim cables through.



Since we had to wait on the replacement parts, it was time to skip ahead and start on the Elevators.  I cut the E-1008A/B parts while Jim maned the scotch bright wheel and debured and smoothed all of them.  As he finished them, I clecoed them together and then match drilled the parts together.  

I also assembled the Tip Ribs before calling it a day.  


It was a good day and very productive even though I am waiting for PreKote and the Spar Caps...

I will have a lot of parts waiting for primer once the PreKote comes in.  I have a feeling that it will be a couple of long days scrubbing parts to get them ready for primmer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment